Jeremy and I went down to Moab with part of my family. It was my first trip to what many people in Utah claim as their favorite place on earth. We packed in a lot of hiking and saw a few arches; they were ok. Well, really it was spectacular. I had never hiked in such desolate conditions lots of sand and rocks, hardly any water or vegetation. One of our favorite hikes was to the delicate arch. We were hiking and then all the sudden we turned a corner and came upon it. My favorite part about it was watching all the people on the ridge waiting to take a picture of the arch without people in it. However, there were so many oblivious tourists who continued to pose under the arch. Finally, it cleared out and we intercepted the next eager tourist and pointed out the whole ridge full of people waiting. He said, "that makes sense." Two minutes later the whole ridge was empty.
I had fun. It showed.A curious picture taken by ourselves of ourselves.
Park Avenue
We took a small detour on the way home to stop at Thompson Springs. These petroglyphs are over 4,000 years old (2000 B.C.).
So your blog is still on my cookies at work (bad I know!) so I decided to take another peek. How fun! I'm glad you and Jeremy had a chance to head down to Moab. Its always fun!
2 comments:
what a fun weekend. you guys always plan such fun things. and, today makes it only four more days:) xoxo
So your blog is still on my cookies at work (bad I know!) so I decided to take another peek.
How fun! I'm glad you and Jeremy had a chance to head down to Moab. Its always fun!
Post a Comment