For Jeremy's graduation a few family members chipped in for a sailing class. I found a great deal for a week long class in San Francisco (I love deals!). I was quite skeptical of the location at first. The one draw back was that I had never really "clicked" with this city or its weather. (Don't worry we have now "clicked".) Could wandering around this city by myself be even tolerable? Short answer: it is now at the top of my list for places I would like to live.
We stayed in Emeryville, close to the marina where Jeremy's class was. The east bay was the perfect place for me to stay. In the evenings, I would watch the fog roll over SF, while it was sunny and warm where I was. In my previous experiences I had never packed the right clothing. This trip, I packed for 3 seasons.
I wandered all over the neighborhoods. I started with Tartine bakery in The Mission, found a pair of barely used Kenneth Cole strappy sandals at Good Will for $8.49 and hot pink Banana Republic capris for $5.49. Let's just say, at that point I knew I was in for a great week. I will be sure to take pictures of those and post them. There is a fortune cookie "factory" (two people) in china town. I love fortune cookies. In case you ever wanted to know how they are made...I will also post pictures of that. Japan town, I bought my favorite Hi-Chew candy. The texture is the best, it is between a starburst and a gummy. The green apple are probably my favorite. (Thankfully, my brother was willing to trade me a few for my mango...which I didn't love as much.) Ate at Out the Door, they had lemonade with boba (big tapioca balls) in it (they also had EXCELLENT food). At SFMOMA, I discovered that I like modern art. I even found a little redwood forest down the hill from China town on the way to the Ferry building. I won't bore you with every detail of me traipsing around the city, but let's just say I loved it and can't wait for my next trip to San Francisco!
Jeremy and I enjoyed the evenings together. We were able to see Wicked, loved it. It was also much easier to get 2nd row mezzanine seats in SF than SLC, not to mention a lot less expensive. We enjoyed dinner with my brother, his girlfriend and my mom at Burma Superstar. I am amazed at how long people stand in line to eat. I think we had to wait at least an hour and a half. We went to dinner at the Cheese Board. It is a cooperative group all working together equally. They serve one kind of pizza each day, unique and yummy.
1 comment:
Elizabeth, what a fantastic trip!! I'm sure your hubby LOVED the graduation gift -- what a way to celebrate! San Fran is such a great town, I'm so glad you had an enjoyable trip!
Post a Comment