| Happiness and Contentment |
Jeremy went sailing for the first time on our honeymoon. The swells were large and we both got off the boat feeling queasy, however, ever since then, he has been searching for ways to quench his thirst for sailing. Three years ago he took a week long sailing class in San Francisco. For 2 summers he crewed on any boat that would have him out at the Great Salt Lake races, and he regularly browses the KSL classifieds for reasonably priced sail boats. **Thankfully, we have other financial goals to reach before we make a high maintenance purchase like that. Needless to say, he is a skipper at heart.
This year a company on Utah Lake started offering sailboat rentals. Yeah for him!! I didn't like sailing when I was growing up, but I was excited for him. Last weekend we set sail for an afternoon. Jeremy watched the wind forecasts very closely that week. We were to have nice 14-15 mph winds coming from the SW. When we got on the water, I don't know if the wind even qualified for a light wind sail. However, we had a fun time swimming off the boat and just being out on the water. Ethan did ok at first, then not so great. He got sea sick and threw up (thankfully I do not have a picture of that part). We will try again on a shorter sail and keep him above deck. I think that may have been the problem. We took him below deck to see if he would nap down there multiple times, not a good idea. Once he threw up, he felt much better and so did one of our friends that had been feeling a bit sick, a vicarious experience for her I suppose. It turned out to be a fun experience for all, including me.
This year a company on Utah Lake started offering sailboat rentals. Yeah for him!! I didn't like sailing when I was growing up, but I was excited for him. Last weekend we set sail for an afternoon. Jeremy watched the wind forecasts very closely that week. We were to have nice 14-15 mph winds coming from the SW. When we got on the water, I don't know if the wind even qualified for a light wind sail. However, we had a fun time swimming off the boat and just being out on the water. Ethan did ok at first, then not so great. He got sea sick and threw up (thankfully I do not have a picture of that part). We will try again on a shorter sail and keep him above deck. I think that may have been the problem. We took him below deck to see if he would nap down there multiple times, not a good idea. Once he threw up, he felt much better and so did one of our friends that had been feeling a bit sick, a vicarious experience for her I suppose. It turned out to be a fun experience for all, including me.
**If you would like to go sailing let us know, we like to invite friends.
| My mom and Ethan - pre-seasickness |
1 comment:
Super cute and super fun! You guys are great at finding fun adventures wherever you are.
Post a Comment